Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Big Beat Down

Just to make one thing clear, we here at A House of a Thousand Pizzas do not have a corporate number to give out for complaints. Just so everyone got that, we here at A House of a Thousand Pizzas do not have a corporate number for complaints. Sometimes it feels like I'm dealing with my four-year old niece. When ever I tell her no, she goes and slashes my tires. Or... well at least she would if she could get to them. "No, you can't have a free pizza because we don't deliver to your address. What... you want corporates number not because i don't deliver to you, but because I said no... that's sad." So.... on with the story.
   I'm doing something semi-constructive. Hiding from customers on the make line more than likely, when I hear the boss lady yell for me.   Boss Lady hands me a receipt with a customers name phone number and address. (We have all this fun stuff and they still want to pick fights?) She tells me that this customer was threatening to come down to the store to beat her ass. I ask the wonderful question that I ask every time I show up and see Lisa still at work- "Why?" She tells me that because we don't deliver to him and we have before. She tells me to take care of it when he comes in. Fine. A little later a lady calls in wanting to know why we have ruse people answering the phones. I took a guess that it was his mom. I was right. She yelled and complained that who-ever said that this lady on the phone was worthless and all kinds of rude. So I asked her a question, because I was felling a tad froggy and was getting a little upset. " Did he also tell you that the reason she might have been getting rude was because He was threatening to come and beat her down? Is that how you raised your son." She wanted to speak to the lady, I told her that I was now handling the situation and am waiting for him to show up. Then she said since I was threatening them they were on the way.
   Intermission- We here at A House of a Thousand Pizzas do not condone threatening customers. I might threaten to hit an employee in the face with a shovel from time to time, but never customers.  
   And hour or so later she shows up guy tow. (Want to guess if they seemed well to do or not? It looked like a trailer park threw up in my dining room.) She wanted to talk to who was in charge. Boss Lady was busy, I am. She begins to ask for my name, my boss's name, her boss's name, and all sorts of crazyness. I pull out a sheet of paper. I write down my name, I  write down the Boss Lady's name, then I inform her that Boss Lady's Boss just stepped down, that When she calls tomorrow morning to speak with the Boss Lady She can get that info from her. Then she asked for a corporate number because she didn't want to wait. (Because a district manager would want to deal with this at 11pm on a Friday night) When I tell her that we don't have one she begins to tell me her work history at a Sonic. I worked at a place with a corporate number before, this is how it works. "Corporate people, I have a problem with store blearg."  "Really, that's a shame lemme get your info and I'll look into it.  Store blearg, this person has a complaint, call them and figure it out."
Anyways after her screaming at me for 30 minutes about this I told her to leave and she said fine that she would Google it and left giving me a charming hand gesture, which to this day I still don't care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment