Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paid to Work

My last post reminded me about something very interesting. We here at House of a Thousand Pizzas make pizzas for consumption by consumers. To make this happen we pay employees to work. Now this is a very complicated process. A Person comes in, they work, and we pay them for it. Complicated right?
I have upwards of 50 applications coming into my store a week. Now half of these people can't pass the stupid little test that asks questions like-Do you steal money? Even after deleting the obvious idiots, that is still a large applicant pool. Its no secret either. We get several phone calls a day asking to talk to the hiring manager.
   With that said why can't I get my current employees to work. Lets break down some of my employees.

Lisa- Lets start with one of my favorite employees. I can't get her to work an hour without wanting to eat something or take a smoke break. And I have employees That are fighting to get hours. As soon as the second hand hits her time to get off it is time to go, it doesn't matter if her work is done or not.

 Wonder Boy(Bubba Gump)- He laughs at pizza boxes and talks to himself about pink elephants. I don't really think I should go on.

 I think I'll give some others some honorable mentions on some later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment