Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fight Night

After being fed up with my current selection of servers, I hired a 16 year old kid, Frankie. In his interview he had great speaking skills. He was dressed nice. He had all his teeth and wasn't on drugs. Great, lets hire him. I found out later that he trains MMA. (That's mixed martial arts for the kids playing the home game.) So I kinda like this kid. He comes in and works hard and goes home, no baby-momma drama.
   Bubba Gump one day decides Frankie is not doing things right and starts messing with his tables. Bubba Gump was doing everything he could to piss Frankie off. Finally I get involved and send Bubba Gump home. Not thinking about it, I shortly after send Frankie on break. A few moments later I am looking out my front door the two are talking. I see Frankie's leg go back, and his hands turn to fists, and I notice that he is assuming the position. Bubba Gump is about to be a splat on the parking lot. I turn to one of my employees and tell him to go call Frankie's phone and tell him to come in. As he walks off I turn to a second employee and state the following, " I just covered my back in there by telling him to call him and tell him to come in, correct." The employee nods. "I'll bet you a nickle when he answers he tells him to punch him in the face." We both get a laugh. we notice Frankie grabs his phone looks at it then looks at us in confusion. When he comes in after hanging up, I ask him when was said to him. "Hit him in the face and knock him out!"
   Don't you just love my employees?

1 comment: