Saturday, August 28, 2010

HIt and Hide

Here is a fun one from a few months ago.
   I get call from a customer stating that one of my drivers backed into her car and drove off. I got her info and told her I would call her once my driver got in, to go ahead and get her insurance together. Driver comes in, and I ask them about it. They don't seem to know anything about it. I asked if we could go check out their car to take a look for damage. Lets call the Driver James. James's car had no damage what so ever. I figured This caller was crazy and looking for something free. I bent down to brush some dirt off the bumper when a paint chip moved. That when I realized, whoops... those don't belong to his car. I brushed them off into a little zip-lock bag and placed them in my pocket.  I told James jokingly that each night he did a great job I would give him a chip. I'll be damned if he didn't almost get Employee of the Month because of it also.
  I like the idea of bribery to get people motivated, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment