Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dazed and Confused

Today was a fun interview day at House of a Thousand Pizzas. I'm actually very surprised to say that out of four interviews I actually liked three of them. What confuses me is my employees actions during my interviews. On my way over to sit down and meet one person I noticed Wonder Boy Bubba Gump was staring at the phone. Not the phone on the hook, but the phone in his hand. Staring at it like he was wondering why there was a voice coming out of it. I ignored this and moved on. In the middle of one interview I was talking about how I like people that can think for themselves and stay busy. About this time I look up and see Wonder Boy standing in the middle of the dining room dazed and confused staring off into space. The person looking for a job notices something has my attention and he turns around to look. This keeps both of our attention for a few moments before Wonder Boy burst into laughter shaking his head walking away. The candidate looks back to me very confused. My statement, "Can we just forget that happened and move on." Their response, "Please."
   The next interview The Boss Lady comes out near the end to meet the person and to mention a few things. As soon as she mentions not liking to tell people to do things more than once, one of my drivers (Little Guy) comes out, and interrupts the interview asking how many wings he should bag. Where me and Boos Lady both reply, "All of them?"  Not the best time to ask said question.
   I wonder sometimes what my employees are thinking while they are working. But then I realize that that is a downward spiral. And that i should stay away from such dark thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment