Friday, September 3, 2010

Laughter is the Best Cure

Wonder Boy really amazes me. Here is one of his stories tonight.
   The 'Big Pizza' pans have to be specially seasoned. It took us a week to cook the seasoning into the pans. Tonight the Boss Lady caught Wonder Boy scraping the seasoning off all the pans with a knife. She took him aside and explained what it was, why it was there, and to leave it alone. Ten minutes later, she hears the scraping sound again, and he is now scraping with a spatula instead of a knife. The Boss Lady now realizes that this is a loosing battle, so she tells him to leave the 'Big Pizza' pans alone and move on to something else. 15 minutes late one of my cooks pull me over to the sink area to settle a dispute between them and Wonder Boy, as he is again scraping the pans. This time I inform him why it is like that, and show him exactly how they need to be cleaned, not realizing that the Boss Lady just had this conversation with him. I go back to work, 10 minutes later I hear the Boss Lady telling Wonder Boy that if he won't listen to just go away and find something else to work on. This behavior I have to come to expect. Where we have to hold our employees hands and baby them. What still throws me for a loop is having to listen to the echoes of cackling laughter coming from the same person, over and over again.
   That and whenever he left, the dish area to get something, he would walk backwards. Not real sure why, I didn't think it was worth asking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment