Saturday, September 4, 2010

Off Work

I'm am off tonight. Woot!!! So I will pose a question. I want answers to this people because it almost sparked a fight last night. If a server, who makes 2.30 cents an hour plus tips, (if they don't make min wage we supplement their pay so they make at least 7.25)goes over to the carry-out window hands a customer their pizza and gets a tip should they keep the tip, or give it to the cook/cut table person. I have worked as both a cook and a server. Even as a server I personally gave the money to the cook. Now if i get one and i am the cook I stock pile it in my pocket of holding and use it to pay for my employees meals when they need some help, or other things of the like. Or I use it in the slaw game up front. That thing is as addicting as crack I swear. Now I leave the decision up to that person who got the tip. Here are both arguments.
Server- They have to deal with the customers. They only get paid 2.30 an hour +tips from their tables. (+supp pay if needed)
Cook- They don't feel that that person did anything to deserve that tip. The cook is the second hardest position in the store. the also only make 7.25.

The last part of the question. What about just a phone answering person who makes 7.25 an hour standing in the window. Should they keep it or give it to the cook.
You guys decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment